Omitir los comandos de cinta
Saltar al contenido principal
Inicio de sesión
Universidad EAFIT
Carrera 49 # 7 sur -50 Medellín Antioquia Colombia
Carrera 12 # 96-23, oficina 304 Bogotá Cundinamarca Colombia
(57)(4) 2619500

Visa and Entry Requirements


​​​Student Visa Application Guide

All International students that intent to study at Universidad EAFIt must have a TP3 visa or be beneficiaries of visas that allow the holder to study inside Colombian territory. A TP3 visa is the vis​​a specific for studies in Colombia. Without said visa you cannot be enrolled at EAFIT.


The steps you must follow in order to apply for a TP3 visa are:​

Enter the website of the Colombian consulate in your country and consult if it is possible to apply online or if you must carry out the process directly with an officer at the consulate.

If you can apply online, please have the following documents ready before completing the online form:

  1.  Letter of Acceptance from Universidad EAFIT.

  2. ​ Copy of your Passport openned on the page with your photo and information.

  3.  If you are applying inside Colombian territory, you must have a copy of the page with the entry stamps. 

  4. A letter from the person economically responsible of the expenses you will incur in during your studies in Colombia along with a bank certification that shows an average of 10 monthly official minimum wages during the last 6 months. 

  5.  A recent photo of 4cmx3cm.​

Once you have these documents ready, access the online form at ​SITAC​ and complete your visa application. Don’t forget to specify that you will study at Universidad EAFIT.

To finalize the application process you must pay 15 USD. Once your visa is approved, you will have to pay 50 USD.

Once you receive your electronic visa, you must go to a Colombian consulate to get it stamped on your passport. This step is VERY important because without the visa stamped in your passport you can’t apply for the foreign ID card. NB: If you couldn’t get to a Colombian consulate for this step, you can also complete it in Bogota.

If your consulate does not allow you to apply online, then take the documents mentioned above to the consulate at the time of your appointment and complete the process they indicate.​

If you need further information regarding visas and their application processes, we recommend accessing Classes Visas​.​